I love veggie soup, it’s just comfort in a bowl to me. Especially on cold days, and there seems to be plenty of them in this coastal area of Norway. Looking forward to making more variations of veggie soups as time passes. And the homemade wheat bread I made was great with it!
- 33 oz water.
- 2 carrots.
- 1 small leek.
- 5 oz rutabaga.
- 3.5 oz celeriac / celery root.
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into strips.
- 2 bullion cubes.
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Cut the vegetables in small pieces.
- Bring water and salt to a boil.
- Put the veggies in the water and boil them for about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken when the veggies are almost boiled.
- Add bullion, and salt and pepper to taste.
Alternatively you can cook the chicken before, that’s what I did!