I’ve wanted to make pasta from scratch for a while now. It’s been one of those things on my list, but I had been kind of nervous about trying because it seemed complicated. Man was I wrong, it was very straight forward and easy to do. I don’t have a pasta machine, but it worked perfectly fine with the help of a rolling pin and a pizza cutter!
- 6 oz flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Sift the flour into a small pile on your work space. Make a little groove in the flour to add the salt, eggs, and oil. (Like the top picture.)
- Mix the ingredients together with a fork. Then knead the dough until it’s smooth, use your hands.
- Put the dough aside, let it rest for about 20 minutes before using the rolling pin to roll it out as evenly and thinly as possible.
- Using a ruler to measure up about 0.3in and use the pizza cutter to cut the pasta into strips.
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water for about 2-3 minutes.
My experience was that even though I thought I had rolled it out thinly enough, it was still pretty thick so I’ll try to roll it out even more so next time. Aside from that my only tip is that if you don’t plan to cook the pasta right away to hang it over something, because if you leave it together like I did in the above picture it quickly starts sticking together and is a little hard to separate when you do want to cook it. Aside from that it was a fun experience to share with my daughter, and I’ll definitely make it with her again!