Found this in one of my old recipe folders, not quite sure where it’s from, but decided to make it and share it here! It’s called Jambalaya in the recipe, but having seen actual jambalaya recipes from the states I doubt it would pass as such over there. Soooo, it’s the Norwegian twist on Jambalaya I suppose! At any rate it was delicious, and a great fast weekday dinner!
- 10.5oz garlic sausage.
- 7 oz other sausage – The recipe calls for beer sausage, I opted for a milder one to make it kiddo friendly.
- 1 cup rice.
- 1 bell pepper.
- 1 onion.
- 1 can of tomatoes.
- 13oz broth.
- 1-2 garlic cloves.
- 1 tablespoon butter/oil.
- 1 teaspoon thyme.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package. Dice the onion and garlic, cut the sausages and bell peppers into strips.
- Brown the sausage, onion, and garlic on low heat until the onion is golden and soft. Add the tomatoes (Liquids as well), bell peppers, and spice.
- Bring to a boil and add the rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ready to serve! Bread goes excellent with it!