Had some apples that needed to be used up and decided to try something I haven’t made in years, apple cake! Literally, I think the last time made this was in home economics. Ended up just as tasty as I remembered it, and a great thing to serve to my dinner guests!
- 2 eggs.
- 4,7oz sugar.
- 3 tablespoons butter.
- 5oz milk.
- 6,3oz flour.
- 1,5 teaspoons baking powder.
- 2 apples, sliced thinly.
- 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Whip sugar and egg together until it’s stiff.
- Pour in melted butter and milk.
- Sift in flour with baking powder added in it. Use a spatula to stir everything together to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter in a oiled cake pan.
- Put the apple slices in a nice pattern on top of the batter, sprinkle over sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes at 350f. Let it rest for a few minutes before taking it out.
Slice and enjoy! Adding a bit of whipped cream or ice cream would be great. Mmmm